-------- "This is the time for action not only words, use your God given gifts to develop this country, dont be afraid to speak up, and feel PROUD THAT U R EGYPTIAN." -------- Mohaly, Feb 2011

Friday, March 2, 2007

What to Balance in your life?

There is no perfect “one-size fits all” balance you should be striving for. The best life balance is different for each of us because we all have different priorities and different needs.
  • Life Balance does not mean an equal balance.
  • Trying to schedule an equal number of hours for each of our various work and personal activities is usually unrewarding and unrealistic.
  • Life is and should be more fluid than that.
  • Individual life balance will vary over time, the right balance for you today maybe different for you tomorrow. The right balance for you when you are single will be different when you marry, or if you have children; when you start a new career versus when you are nearing retirement.

Mental (mind)
o This includes the amount of stimulation and variety of interests and challenges we face, also our capacity for coping. We need to take time out to expand our knowledge in the fast moving world in which we live, trying to solve problems with a fixed knowledge set is not going to help or support us.
Activities: Thinking & Brainstorming, Reading, Writing, Learning, Working, Investment,...etc.

Physical (body)
o This takes account of our current energy levels, eating and exercise habits, illnesses and relaxation time. Many of us know what we should do and need to learn to take better care of our bodies. But how many of us get enough good quality sleep, eat a healthy diet, know the consequences of what we eat or take sufficient exercise.
Activities: Eating, Drinking, Practicing Sports, Handy Activities, Sex,...etc.

Emotional (heart)
o This is the level of humour and enjoyment and sense of security and trust we have, also our sense of feeling valued and having a positive outlook on life. We need to consider our emotional reactions and develop approaches to managing them, this results in positive outcomes which build relationships.
Activities: Playing, Watching Movies, Listing to Music, Loving,...etc.

Spiritual (soul)
o This involves having an awareness of things that matter, a feeling of congruence about life and a sense of purpose and of “who I am”. This is our inner self, the essence of our individuality. For our life to have meaning and purpose we need to understand our own beliefs and values. Activities: Praying, Fasting, Meditation, Helping other creatures...etc.

4 comments:

Fatiflower said...

I feel that I need to stop, switch off and restart ME. this me who was consumed by my heavy responsibilities as Wife and Mother.I didn't mention my work because at work I feel better and I would feel great if I could make a balance between this ME and my family. When I remember before coming to live here, I had big interest for sport, reading and excursions but now I feel very heavy to move from one place to another and I am sure because I failed in making this balance you're talking about. So, please help me to reach this balance by approving my 5 days vacations pleeeeease :(

Mohaly said...

heheh....i am not saying that the vacation should be approved....but do u really think it is the solution?

The solution is what is after the vacation...

You know in your case you will be like someone who wants to loose weight to she stops eating and follow a strict diet, then once she is back in shape she eats like hell and add on weight....The solution is in the mind-set...the life style that makes her lead a healthy eating habbit and loose weight as a byproduct and dont gain it back... Got my point ;)

p.S. Enjoy your vacation (but after i am back..heheh)

Anina said...

good point Mohaly - as a libra I hope to have a natural instinct for keeping the balance :)
you know.. keeping the scales level and all of that...!

Learning from everyone a little something - taking that and trying to become what ever it is that I will turn out to be ;)

Anonymous said...

Yes Mohaly, Balance is the only way for real happiness. You can never be happy if you have lots of money or beauty without a good heart & soul.

Y.I.