I have nothing against the series itself, although I find it VERY boarding (Bold & the Beautiful style), but what I really don't like about it the insanity and the way Arab people dealing with it. I can simply say I HATE it because of: (from least important to most important)
1. It is taking much more area in our lives and discussions than it deserves. "Eshal" Noor on TV, magazine, newspapers, talks, ads, video clips,...etc...Just too much.
2. It makes girls look silly with their un-justified mania about Mehmet (Mohannad in the Arabic version of the series; although it means Mohamed in Turkish!). Nice romantic model, so what, not the first, not the last!
3. It encourages the Arabs to show the "Safah" part in our culture; e.g. Kuwati business man decided to have his wedding in the Villa Mohannad and Noor are living in and invited the audience (including tickets from and back to Kuwait).
4. Egypt lost a lot of cash coming from Arab Tourism that shifted to Turkey this summer (actually I blame the zillion Egyptian TV productions here coz they couldn't attract Arabs as Turkish Noor did).
5. It caused A LOT of problems and broke up families (3 divorces and counting)!
I can't -and I don't have the right - to say Stop Noor and Boycott Noor as Saudi's did, but we should:
1. Study why did it succeed to that extent.
2. Make use of that in empowering our productions.
3. Dig into the real causes of the problems (in relations, tourism,...etc).
4. Put it in its real size, we kefaya Noor ba2a, coz I am afraid someday I open the fridge and find Noor Ad!