One of the things that provokes me especially in the Arab Culture that people spend sooooooooooo much time in what they call "social obligations" where:
- they visit people they dont wanna visit or dont wanna visit now,
- eat something that they don't wanna eat (and sometimes say wow delecius!),
- sometimes travel to places they dont wanna go with people that they dont wanna travel with,
- inviting people that they dont wanna invite to their home, or even receiving them without prior notice and showing that you are ok!
- and many others (you name it) where you give this poker face (wesh gebs)!
Half of my quarrels with my family is because of "social obligations", look at the word OBLIGATION, 7aga mostafeza!! and everything is just FAKE, hugs, smiles, talk, everything EXCEPT the time passing that will never comeback :(
How can I wake up and decide upon the face I am gonna wear for today's event!!! Why can't I just be myself?!
What will happen if we decided to do what we feel comfortable with and be ourselves WITHOUT BEING RUDE? What will happen if I appoloiged to someone that I cant go out today or I cant recieve him/her in my home today, or that I can't eat heavy stuff, or , or , or.
Will they get mad at me? from my own personal experience, may be for a while, but then people will know that IT IS YOU, and that is who you are and how you wanna lead your life. Believe me, I tried it and people still like me, but without having to be -most the time- doing stuff that I don't wanna do.
Mesh keda bardo?!