Many of my MBA or Diploma students will remember this formula, for the rest of my dear readers, let me explain... In order to have any mega change or wide change in a system whether it is an organization or even a country, there is a certain formula that controls this.. DVF>R
D is Dissatisfaction with the current situation that needs to be changed
V is Vision of why, what and how you want to change
F is the First concrete and solid steps that fastens the change process
R is the Resistance to change.
If any of the 3 factors on the left side of this formula is missing, the whole change process will simply fail because it will be equal to zero and multiplying any of the rest by zero will lead to zero, and the resistance will win.
If we simply applied this to our situation now in Egypt, we will find that:
- We was (and still are) dissatisfied with the situation Egypt has been in whether in the day to day life, overall goals, international positioning, corruption, dehumanization...etc. That is the (D).
- We have an incomplete Vision about why and how we are changing and where we are heading; hence, we need to work together and have a transparent conversation with the governing body (Army) to reach consensus about that or else we will lose the (V).
- We have taken 1 concrete step in the change process (taking out Mubarak), but it is not yet enough for the ignition power needed for change and standing on a solid ground, this needs to be reinforced with the real change in our governing system (Constitution) that will be the threshold for building a different system on the short and long term, or else we will risk losing the (F) as well.
- On the other hand, the Resistance is something that we have to take into account big time because the resistance -although it is standing alone on the right side of the equation- is reinforced by many factors like the Shafik's Government, Amn El Dawla,7ezb Watany leaders, and even people who are with the revolution, but don't have the enough pateince and tolerance to ride through this extremely hard and challenging period.
So in short, we have a big role in working together to:
1) Respect the dissatisfaction of some people and try to make them understand the nature of this period, baring in mind that many people seek the welfare of the country even if they have different point of view.
2) Reach a common ground on the Vision of where are we heading at least for the coming period.
3) Focus on the constitution (changes and new one) as it is the most important factor in building a new republic.
4) Push more and more for prosectuing the corruption figures even if in power, take faster actions with having a clean government, and respectful police, and having a Transparent, & continous dialogue with the army to be able to minimize the Resistance.
And above all NOT LOSING THE FAITH in ourselves and our ability to make things happen and shape history ... imagine how proud you will be when you can make a real positive change in your country that will affect its development for years and years to come, and stand one day proud that you didnt give up and completed your war for freedom and development till you accomplish your mission no matter how hard it is.
The more you drive, the less you are driven.
God Bless You, God Bless Egypt..
We don't wanna FINISH our Revolution ... We wanna COMPLETE it.