I was sending an email to a new dear friend yesterday to help in guiding her choosing between her offered jobs. I thought of sharing it with the rest of you:
If you are confused between jobs, you can do the choice matrix (that actually needs a session not a post) quickly keda:
1. List all criteria you see important in a job (career path, place, salary, environment….etc)
2. Put a weight for each criterion (20%, 30%...etc)
3. Give a score for each in a scale from 1 to 10.
4. Multiply the score with the weight (e.g u got 7/10 and it weights 20% then you score 14% (0.7*20%))
5. Add up the criteria’s scores.
6. Do the same thing for the other job.
7. Compare the final results, and go for the higher score!
It uses more rational flow than the direct choice or chaotic thinking, and el 2arkam mabtekdebsh :)
Let me know if you need any further explanation.